Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

30 for 30 Outfit Challenge Week 4 and Lessons

Here are:
Week 3Week 2Week 1The Mostly 30 Pieces and the Background

Here we are at the end of Week 4.  This past week, I was feeling discouraged and painfully insecure about the outfits I picked.  

I'm still finding it hard to match head coverings with outfits.  When I got to Israel in November, I will look for solid coloured scarves, although I'm not sure if the lack of pattern will help matters.  I feel that I am adding too much extra colour or pattern with a scarf on my head and somehow it takes away from the outfit.  I don't really look very good in berets and I don't want to start living in 3-4 hats all the time either.

I'm open to ideas...should I just stick to a certain set of colours in my wardrobe? I've received feedback that certain colours definitely look better on me (earth tones, warmer colours, a few of the cooler colours too but definitely in what would be considered neutral/safe tones).

I feel overall, I look best in the tighter fitting skirts.  The jean skirt and the brown corduroy skirt has been less of a favourite of mine and also of some readers (please keep in mind I was using what I had in my closet too, so be gentle on me :) ).  I'd like to have a basic denim skirt, so I am on the look out for something better.  I do have a denim-y pencil that wasn't part of the challenge, but it tends to look dressier which is why I opted for the more casual one.

The green chiffon blouse...sigh, I think that is one I'll have to give up, I think I've given it a bunch of tries and it's one of those, looked great on the mannequin, should have left it in the store.  I love all the other blouses (3 recently purchased) used for the challenge (chambray, blue, white, purple/black).

By far, this outfit was one of my favourites.  I don't know why, I just really liked the combination of casual with fancy.  My black pencil style skirt from Old Navy was also a favourite piece, I guess it's just really versatile.  If you've been following along, you know by now I love black and white stripe skirts, and I really like mine and I am looking forward to wearing my newly acquired one (more pencil like style).

I'm glad I gave my sheath style dress some new life by wearing them with blouses (rather than only shells).

Here are the pictures for Week 4.  One outfit is missing, striped skirt with dark red t-shirt/white shell.  It looked bleh, but I was feeling pretty bleh that day and I didn't care.  One of those days.


I was rushing to get my son ready so I  missed the top buttons on the sweater.  They got done up later one.  
Taking Sprout out for a little wagon ride
for sure not my favourite, but i needed something for that day and too much was in the laundry (or previously worn combinations)!
 
I know it all looks dark, but I was in fact wearing burgundy tights.  I happened to try on black mary jane heels in a store and it really looked much better than my black ballet flats.  This beige sweater thing is a hand me down from a friend, I feel mixed about it.  I kind of like the idea of it, I'm just not sure it suits me, what do you think?





I didn't mind either of these outfits (worn during Yom Tov, thrown back on for picturing purposes).  Quite honestly, I think a lot of these outfits would look far better on me if I had on a little eyeliner and concealer.  

and for Day 30....



A big lesson after all of this...with the right pieces you really can have a closet with only 30 items (crazy i know!) and wear 30 different outfits over a month.  I think there are still a few more combinations I could have made if some of my pieces were a bit different.  
Thank you for following along!  Have you ever done a 30 for 30 outfit challenge?

(what 30 day challenge should i do next???)


I appreciate all comments. Please don't be shy and share your thoughts! 


1 comment:

  1. Hey, I found your blog via a comment you made on an aliya blog. I'm a mom of 2 boys (going on 3 and 5), and really want to make aliya but my husband won't. its making me miserable. it would be so nice to have someone to talk to in a similar situation.

    ReplyDelete