Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Rosh Hashanah Menu

I get so much inspiration reading other's favourite recipes.  I thought I would share the menu for the Three Day Yom Tov (2 Days of Rosh Hashanah and Shabbat).  It will be "just" us for the at home meals, so I tend to keep them simple.  

Wednesday Night Dinner:  Challah, Harvest Stew (first time making it) with rice and Roasted Green Beans (instead of snap peas, the tomatoes will be from out garden, I've made it before and it is excellent).  Symbolic foods (apples and honey, fish, leeks, beets, squash, carrots).  Honey Cake for Dessert

Thursday meals are out all day!  We will likely have a light early dinner since actual dinner is late.  We'll have the Veggie Pot Pies with some sauteed mushrooms.  

Friday Night:  Challah, Lasagna (from scratch, including the noodles) and salad, and apple crisp for dessert. 

Saturday Lunch - Cholent (beef stew) (and apple crisp or honey cake)

Seudat Shlishit (Third Meal) - Salad with "crab" cakes. (Also my first time making this).   

What are you making?  Any favourite recipes? 

1 comment:

  1. Is it too late for https://twitter.com/shortjewish/status/373215989548085248?

    ReplyDelete